AACs ready to help Ohio agencies by offering crime victims’ services
The Adult Advocacy Centers have heard from our partners in crime victims’ services that COVID-19-related staff shortages are making it harder for them to serve their clients. We believe that we are all in this together, so we’d like to offer the following services free of charge to partnering agencies and organizations:
- Virtual forensic interviews conducted by certified forensic interviewers for crime victims with disabilities
- Virtual victim advocacy for crime victims with disabilities
- Virtual assistance in setting up accessibility options and accommodations
Agencies and organizations that are interested in any of these services should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate logistics and a Memorandum of Understanding. In the email, please include the answers to the following questions:
- What is the name, email address and phone number of the person at your agency we should contact to follow up on your request?
- What services are you requesting from the AACs?
Please feel free to share this announcement widely so we can get the greatest amount of help to crime victims with disabilities who need it.