Bring Light to Our Neighbors in OhioMHAS Hospitals with a Gift from Our Wish List Project
Nine months into the COVID-19 pandemic, cases are once again rising, and we’re facing a difficult winter. As we did in the spring when the pandemic first started, we wanted to bring some light to our neighbors seeking care in the psychiatric hospitals operated by Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS). Working in collaboration with OhioMHAS, we reached out to all six hospitals, and three have chosen to participate in our new project.
Through the end of November, you can select items from three Amazon Wish Lists and have them shipped directly to the hospital’s Volunteer Coordinators for disbursement to patients. The lists include things like coloring supplies, journals, crafts, games and other forms of entertainment that can help pass the time and provide needed encouragement.
Links to each hospital’s wish list can be found below, and detailed step-by-step instructions for using Amazon Wish Lists are at the bottom of this page. You must have an Amazon account to participate.
Northwest Ohio Psychiatric Hospital
Toledo, 116 beds
Wish List: https://a.co/0cCpb5L
Summit Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Cincinnati, 291 beds
Wish List: https://a.co/4aahGoH
Twin Valley Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Columbus, 178 beds
Wish List: https://a.co/721Ufmq
Please consider donating from these lists. We hope that this project helps the individuals receiving much-needed mental health care at our hospitals to know that they are not alone. We also want to thank our partners at the Mental Health and Recovery Board of Ashland County and Catholic Charities Ashland County, who are diligently working to send hand-written notes to every patient in OhioMHAS’ six psychiatric hospitals.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Using Amazon Wish Lists
- Click on a Wish List link above, then add items to your Amazon cart. You can only send items to one location at a time, so orders for multiple hospitals and your own personal Amazon orders must be made separately. You must have an Amazon account to participate.
- When you’re ready, click the “Proceed to checkout” button.
- Under “Choose a shipping address,” select the hospital’s Volunteer Coordinator, who should be listed first under “Other Addresses.”
- Click the “Use this address” button.
- Under “Choose gift options,” you can write a gift message for each item if you like. Make sure to keep your message positive and only use your first name if you choose to sign it.
- Click the “Save gift options and continue” button.
- Under “Choose a payment method,” select the way you want to pay for your order.
- Click the “Use this payment method” button.
- Under “Review items and shipping,” choose your shipping preferences.
- Review your order to be sure everything looks correct. Double check that the shipping address is to the hospital’s Volunteer Coordinator.
- When you’re ready, click the “Place your order” button.