The AACs and UD to host experts Russell and Myra Strand
Join the Adult Advocacy Centers and the University of Dayton as we welcome international speaker Russell Strand and trauma expert Myra Strand for a day of speaking events on Tuesday, January 21. All events will be held on the University of Dayton campus and are free and open to the public, except where otherwise noted.
The day’s schedule:
- 8 to 10 a.m. in Adele 106 – Download the flier – At this breakfast event exclusively for members of the military and law enforcement, Russell Strand will discuss how to stay trauma-informed in difficult cases, find longevity in this hard work and create culture change.
- 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. in Adele 106 – Download the flier – The Pain Behind the Masc(ulinity) with Russell Strand – This event will further the conversation around healthy masculinity. Mr. Strand’s extensive experience will foster meaningful insight and discussion around shifting culture and toxic masculinity. This event is open to all genders.
- 3 to 4 p.m. in Kennedy Union 331 – Download the flier – Creating a Trauma-Informed Campus with Myra Strand – This is a presentation on how to make the community a safe place for trauma survivors. Myra’s expertise will come in handy as she shares simple ways we can all support each other.
- 5 to 6:30 p.m. in Kennedy Union 331 – Download the flier – The Impact of Pornography and Online Safety through the Victim Services Lens with Myra Strand – Myra will share her experiences working in the legal system with cases involving pornography, discuss how online predators take advantage of people online and explain ways to stay safe while on the web.
- 7 to 8:30 p.m. in Kennedy Union Ballroom – Download the flier – Keynote Speech – Creating Culture Change: Building a World That Doesn’t Exist with Russell Strand – Russell will offer an inclusive message about how we can all work together in a trauma-responsive way to end sexual violence.
Read more about Russell and Myra Strand on their website.