Join the AACs’ Individual Challenge!
September 9, 2021 / Fundraising
Everyone has challenges. What's challenging to one person may not be challenging to someone else. We all have different interests and goals, and we all have room to grow. Sometimes setting a goal and investing a little money in helping others meet their own challenges can push us toward the growth we want to see in ourselves, no matter how big or small.
The Adult Advocacy Centers’ Individual Challenge 2021 is a virtual event that runs September 9-30. Here's how it works:
1. Identify a challenge in your own life and determine what "success" would mean for you.
2. Buy a challenge ticket ($25 recommended). The tickets will allow you to use GiveGrove to tell us about your goal.
If you want to donate a different amount, use the blue buttons under "Want to make a donation to Adult Advocacy Centers?" You can then email your goal to email@example.com. In your email, please indicate if we can share your goal publicly and if you want it to be listed anonymously.
Because our community is so diverse, we hope the challenges will also be diverse! Big or small, every goal is welcome. Here are some ideas:
- Learning to use a new assistive technology app
- Running, biking or walking a 10k
- Going for a walk around the block or to the end of the street
- Introducing yourself or talking to a neighbor
- Doing a random act of kindness
- Swimming some laps
- Creating a gratitude journal
- Volunteering at an animal shelter
- Painting a garage
- Cooking food to share with others
- Making a new piece of art
- Going fishing with a friend or family member
- Doing 50 sit ups
- Reading a book
- Sending a card or letter to a friend
We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Learn more about our groundbreaking work for victims of crimes with disabilities at adultadvocacycenters.org.