Now Hiring: Director of Outreach & Community Supports
February 9, 2020
Position Title: Director of Outreach & Community Supports
Reports to: AACs Executive Director
Employment Status: Full-time
The Adult Advocacy Centers (AACs) are hiring a Director of Outreach & Community Supports. The Adult Advocacy Centers is designed to serve adults with disabilities who are alleged victims/witnesses of abuse, maltreatment or neglect. Staff and partner agencies are expertly trained to meet the needs of every individual in a holistic manner ensuring they are the center of the investigation and treatment plan. The Adult Advocacy Centers is in the process of building 10 regional centers to assist crime victims with disabilities throughout Ohio.
The Director of Outreach & Community Supports will be a visionary, transformational and mission-focused leader who will inspire and lead the development, creation, and implementation of community supports designed to support crime victims with disabilities. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for outreach and community training needed to support the mission of the Adult Advocacy Centers. The candidate will be responsible for leading staff, partners, and volunteers in strategic planning, program development, community support templates, training, outreach materials, community and government relations, and measurements of results.
- Advanced degree in leadership, disability related field or social services required.
- Preference given to individuals with experience working with survivors of crime/trauma.
- Extensive experience in training and public speaking.
- Must be able to manage a budget and have knowledge of fiscal management.
- Experience developing self-advocacy programs for crime victims with disabilities.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Proven track record utilizing assistive technology and accessibility.
- At least 10 years of experience working with non-profit and/or government organizations.
- Ability to generate and quantify data into public reports.
Job Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To, The Following
- Oversee the activities of the Adult Advocacy Centers division of Outreach & Community Supports.
- Implement the requirements of the budget.
- Establish templates/services/programs for crime victims with disabilities support programs and materials in the community.
- Serve as the Adult Advocacy Centers’ spokesperson in assigned training and presentations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Adult Advocacy Centers’ mission.
- Develop diverse materials to support ongoing education of crime victims with disabilities.
- Collect data and create materials pertaining to crime victims with disabilities to be available to wide audiences.
- Create and implement support groups for crime victims with disabilities in the community and facilities.
- Partner with other agencies/organizations to make services to crime victims with disabilities accessible and person-centered.
- Assist in the development of trauma informed-care that is disabilities specific.
- Lead project to develop trauma counseling that is disability specific and offered regionally in Ohio in community settings.
- Create outreach materials as assigned.
- Utilize assistive technology to make sure all materials are accessible.
- Develop project plans as directed by Executive Director & Deputy Director.
Computer, server, printer, scanner, cell-phone, copy machine, fax machine, other business office equipment, assisted technology, forensic investigation technologies, and an automobile.
Inherently Hazardous or Physically Demanding Working Conditions
The employee: works with and around chemicals found in an office environment (toner, correction fluid, etc.); ascends or descends stairs; may periodically be exposed to chemicals/fumes from cleaning products and/or paint products; may be required to carry supplies weighing up to 25 pounds; may be required to travel to/from meetings while exposed to outside environment.
Note: In accordance with the U.S. Department of Labor physical demands strength ratings, this is considered sedentary work.
AACs is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates can email a copy of their resume and two reference letters with reference contact information to email@example.com.