Forensic Nurse Examiner Training
This training is jointly provided by Forensic Nursing Network Inc. and the Adult Advocacy Centers.
The Forensic Nursing Network is a nonprofit corporation. We are experienced forensic nurses with a passion to share our expertise with others and improve the healthcare response to violence through networking, education, and mentoring. Our mission is to strengthen the healthcare response to those impacted by intentional violence in Ohio.
A Forensic Nurse Examiner (FNE), also known as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE), is a registered nurse who has received special training to provide comprehensive care to sexual assault survivors. This care includes a thorough medical assessment, forensic evidence collection and participation as a witness in court proceedings.
To bring this training to your group, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forensic Nurse Examiner Training includes:
- 46 nursing contact hours
- Six days of live online training with statewide and national speakers, including virtual courtroom training.
- RNs learn how to provide comprehensive medical/forensic care for patients who have been victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, human trafficking, and other forms of violence.
- RNs will have a certificate of completion for the course. This course is based on current educational guidelines from the International Association of Forensic Nurses. The certificate of completion is a prerequisite to sit for the national certification exam for the Adolescent/Adult Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner.
Learner will have improved knowledge of:
- Working with the sexual assault response team.
- Obtaining a history from the sexual assault patient.
- Completing a sexual assault medical forensic examination.
- Caring for patients from a variety of cultural and social orientations.
- Working with patients that have experienced traumatic events.
- The medical forensic care for patients with disabilities.
- The legal process and court testimony.
Criteria for awarding nursing credit hours:
- Commensurate with participation.
- Completion of evaluation each day
- RNs will need access to a webcam to verify participation.
There is no conflict of interest for anyone in a position to control content of this activity.
Forensic Nursing Network Inc. is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
Upcoming Dates and Times
All trainings will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. over six days with a 45-minute lunch break each day.
May 31, June 1-2 & 14-16 - Register Now
August 9-11 & 23-25
November 29, 30, December 1 & 6-8
There are no upcoming dates.